Coffee or tea?
morning bird/night owl
I’m Emily, and I’m so glad you found me. I know we don’t know each other (or maybe we do!) but it feels like however you got here, you belong. And while I’d like to think that I have a hand in our lives overlapping, where these words are first meeting you and our worlds collide, there’s far more at work than I can explain. But every story has a beginning and here’s mine.
As a 30-something who’s still charting her path and settling into big uncertainties, finding joy in small wonders and gratitude in befriending the good, the bad, and the ugly, I’m not afraid to admit that I don’t have it all figured out. But I believe that the gaps in our lives, the unanswered questions and unresolved endings, are invitations to dig a little deeper and welcome what we uncover.
My common refrain
No matter the form the day takes, it is always ripe with opportunity: to grow, to play, to laugh, to cry. To scream, to dance, to sing, to think. To love, to be vulnerable, to be brave, to listen, to speak up. To create, to learn, to teach. To forgive, to grieve, to celebrate, to be mindful. To be curious, to strive, to connect, to disconnect. To fail, to begin again, to live.
Bringing bits of myself into everything I create is an ongoing experiment in vulnerability and an organic unfolding. I hope you’re able to see them. I hope you find bits of yourself in them too.
Let’s talk therapy.
What type of therapist are you?
I specialize in working with women who are struggling with codependency, life transitions, and healthy identity formation. I draw from Acceptance and Commitment (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Integrative, and Mindfulness-based (MBCT) approaches. Here’s a glimpse of what I enjoy most:
• Developing meaningful self-care strategies tailored to a client’s strengths, interests, and creativity
• Witnessing, writing, and rewriting her story
• Inviting her to meet all of her parts with curiosity, gratitude, and tenderness
• Enabling her to accept her experience while quieting the inner voice of self-judgment
• Working with her to identify her values and live from a space that honors them
• Challenging her to reshape limiting beliefs and behaviors that no longer serve her
• Exploring the roles of nutrition, diet, sleep, and exercise in promoting her emotional wellness
• Participating in her growth as she learns to flourish in the face of life’s hardships
I want my clients to meet themselves at the start and end of each day and fall in love all over again with what they find. I try to help them want this too.
Golden milk + crosswords + Yoga with Adriene + meditating + screen time breaks + nature breaks + making sweet things + dabbling in savory things + book stacks + Jumbles + baking bread (or pretending I do) + hiking + running + traveling + playlist-making + photo-taking + creating + exploring + conversation + farmers markets + game nights + spending time with my favorite girl, whose ears happen to perk up at the word “park.”